Saturday 11 April 2015

Etno Fabrics - Collaboration with Pat Bravo


As a typical quilter I love fabric but every now and again I see a fabric range I have to have. When I first stumbled across Pat Bravo's new range "Etno" whilst trolling through my Instagram feed I knew this was one of my must haves.

I was fortunately enough to be able to work with Pat and using Etno fabrics design and make a quilt for an upcoming issue of Patchwork and Stitching magazine here in Australia. When the fabric arrived it definitely didn't disappoint.


With a very tight timeframe I went about hurriedly cutting and sewing blocks together. I chose a traditional quilt block called fox and geese and mixed it up a little. The block I made is put together with 2 different sized half square triangles and some white squares. I wanted to keep some of the fabric in larger pieces to really showcase each of the designs.


Ironically this is the first time I've ever designed a quilt on point and with the cornerstones and sashing it took a little bit of quilt math to work out the finished product. The quilt was then sent to Donna, my trusted longarmer who worked her magic as always and I must say I loved the finished result.


With the left over fabric I made up my signature scrappy binding that contrasted with the white in the quilt background perfectly finishing it off.


I backed this quilt with a fabric called "Flight" from the Waterfront Park Collection by Violet Craft for Michael Miller Fabrics.


Packed in an express post satchel and shipped off promptly I can wait to see the final photos in Patchwork and Stitching Magazine due out in May.

I'm linking up with these fun places today Crazy Mum Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.
 
Till next time....happy sewing....
 
xx Jenny

5 comments

  1. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the whole quilt ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love the design you chose to use these fab fabrics in. The on point setting will look great. Love that scrappy binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be appearing in a magazine! Quilty math is a good skill to have! Claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric range alright! I like the way you chose a pattern with big and small triangles as it certainly does let the fabric show up more. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fabric! I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.